This is an error where photoshop or other programs running on high resolution computers doesn't know how to handle it and the menus and screen gets very small.
Luckily someone came up with a solution to this issue that works great.
This fix takes work in the registry so if you are uncomfortable working in the registry please come in and have one of our technicians take care of it for you. The original post is found here but here.
- Press Windows Button + R, type “regedit”, and then click OK.
- Navigate to the following registry subkey:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > SideBySide
- Right-click, select NEW > DWORD (32 bit) Value
- Type PreferExternalManifest, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click PreferExternalManifest, and then click Modify.
- Enter Value Data 1 and select Decimal.
- Click OK. Exit Registry Editor.
Add manifest file:
- Download the file called change.exe.manifest
- Move the file to the program's folder in \Program Files(x86)
Rename the file to the same name as the program file
- ie. C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5
Restart the computerTest
- ie from change.exe.manifest to photoshop.exe.manifest