This installation guide will walk you through updating MOE from 2015 to 2015.1001, the latest release. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact CoSE IT at email@example.com.
This installation guide is for windows operating systems. Mac operating system upgrades will be listed below.
1. Download the moe update package from http://glacier.cose.isu.edu/download/moe2015UpdateWIN.zip. When going to this site it will ask you for a username and password. You can get this username and password from Dr. Rodnick or Dr. Holman
2. Once signed in, you will see a link to download the “moe2015updateWIN” folder
3. Once downloaded, you will need to move all of the contents of the moe update folder into your current moe installation folder. In the picture below, I am in the moe update folder. You need to select all of these.
4. Open up your moe installation folder like in the picture below. We will be moving all of the folders and files from the picture above into the installation.
5. In the picture below, I have highlighted all of the contents of the MoeUpdate folder. I have them started to move them over to moe2015.
6. You will get the error message below. Press the button to replace the files in the destination. If you don’t replace the files, the update may now work.
7. Once the copy is finished, go into the bin folder and click on the moe application. This should launch the moe application.
8. If done properly, the top of your moe window will now say “MOE 2015.1001” like in the picture below. If it does, you now have the updated version of moe. If you want, you can create a desktop shortcut to get to moe as the old desktop shortcut may no longer work.
This installation guide is for mac operating systems.
1. Download the moe update package from http://glacier.cose.isu.edu/download/moe2015updateMAC.tgz. When going to this site it will ask you for a username and password. You can get this username and password from Dr. Rodnick or Dr. Holman
2. Once signed in, you will see a link to download the “moe2015updateMAC” folder. Make sure you download the proper file or this won’t work properly.
3. Open up a terminal window and navigate to the moe applications folder. Below is an example of how to get to the application for most users. These commands are case sensitive
4. Next we will unzip the downloaded .tgz file into the moe application folder. Again, below I have added the command that should work for most users. You will need to locate the .tgz file just to make sure. Moving it from downloads to desktop is a safe bet to make sure the location is correct.
>tar xvzf /path/to/the/downloaded/moe2015updateMAC.tgz
5. Once this has been done, you shouldn’t need the terminal anymore. Open a finder window and go into the moe applications folder. Go into the bin folder and click on the moe application. This should bring up the following picture.
6. Press preferences, then the following window will show up. Under “MOE Version” there is a text box. You will want to enter “/Applications/moe2015” without the quotes. Press OK, back out, and run the moe application again. This time everything should work like it use to, and you will be on the updated version of MOE
How To's >