This guide is to install ISU's solidwork's SDK and SEK Version.
1. Use the following link to fill out the form to start your download: http://www.solidworks.com/sw/education/SDL_form.html
2. Fill out the form with the appropriate information. All spaces must be filled out except “VAR NAME”.
2a. The school's license ID must be obtained from your instructor.
3. Press accept agreement and continue
4. Select the version you want to download. A small setup.exe will be downloaded and automatically launches to a winzip self extractor.
5. Select the location you want the files to be extracted to. Select any parameters that you would like. Defaults for all of these are easiest, and then press unzip
6. The extraction will happen rather quickly, and if you left the defaults, the following window will open.
7. Keep individual selected like in the picture above.
8. Press next and enter the license. Contact your instructor for information about the license.
9. Once the license has been entered, press next to continue. The following page will be displayed and leaving the defaults is recommended. Once you are ready, press “Download and install” to begin your download. This is a large download and may take some time.
10. While downloading, a error page may occur saying that the download was unable to be finished. Press the button to try again. It should work.
11. Once the download has finished, the installation will begin. This is also a large installation and will also take some time.
12. The computer will need to restart before solidworks can be ran. Once restarted solid works is complete.
How To's >