VPN - Global Protect
ISU uses a VPN software called Global Protect from Palo Alto. The old VPN software was Cisco Anyconnect. If you are trying to use this software, you will need to uninstall and reinstall the new software, Global Protect. If you need access to VPN, and don't currently have access, please request a access here - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfa89WeNkfWoW89jQh5ATpPQaYHC6FRWnGQuqJ58ESxMohs8Q/viewform
2. From here, you'll need to enter in your ISU LDAP credentials. The password you use for Gmail or BengalWeb, is what you'll need to use here. Do not use the "@isu.edu" portion of your username. Click login once you're ready, and you'll see a screen like the one below.
3. Select "Download Windows 64 bit GlobalProtect agent if you are unsure of which Windows client to use.
4. Once the client has downloaded, click the GlobalProtect64.msi file to run it.
5. It is a very quick and straightforward installation process. Follow the prompts on the screen, and determine where you'd like to install the VPN software. All of the defaults are fine.
6. During the installation it could have prompts come up asking you to authorize running some executable files for the install. This should also be fine.
7. The installation will complete, and you'll see a window pop up on the bottom right of your screen that should look like this.
8. From here, you'll need to enter in the portal address.
Which is: bengalgateway.isu.edu
Click enter once you've typed in the portal address, and then it will ask you to enter in your username and password. You should use the exact same username and password that you used to download the software.
9. If you connected successfully, the bottom right window will tell you that you have a secure connection, and there will be an additional window that pops up welcoming you to GlobalConnect.
10. If you make it to this screen, you should now be fine and good to go.
Mac Installation Guide
Debian Linux Installation Guide
1. Contact CoSE IT to get the Linux VPN Software.
2. Once you have the software, unpack the tgz file.
tar -xvf ~/pkgs/PanGPLinux-4.1.0.tgz
3. Install the software with one of the two following commands depending on your preference
sudo dpkg -i GlobalProtect_deb-184.108.40.206-19.deb
sudo apt-get install GlobalProtect_deb-220.127.116.11-23.deb
4. Once the software is installed, you should be able to access the software with the following command
5. Connect to ISU's VPN by typing
connect -p bengalgateway.isu.edu
6. You should be prompted for your username and password. Do not use the "@isu.edu" portion of your username.
7. Disconnect from VPN by typing the following command at the command prompt
For more information, contact CoSE IT or review the technical documents here - https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/41/globalprotect/globalprotect-app-user-guide/globalprotect-app-for-linux