Students and Faculty at ISU can now download and install the latest versions of Matlab on their ISU-owned and personal computers.
3. If you have already created a MathWorks account with your ISU email address, you can sign in here and skip to step 5. If not, click "Create Account."
4. Using your ISU email address, create a MathWorks account.
5. Once you are signed in, it will take you to this page. Instead of checking fro access under "Get Campus Software," click on your initials in the top right corner and click "My Account."
6. Under the section titled "My Software," click the downward arrow for the Individual license.
7. Here, you can select to download the newest or older versions of Matlab. Click on your preferred version.
8. On this page, select your operating system to begin the download.
9. After the download is complete, navigate to your downloads folder or click on the file at the bottom of your web browser.
10. Click "Yes" to allow Matlab to make changes to your computer.
11. Click "Log in with a MathWorks Account," then Next.
12. Choose "Yes" to accept the terms of the license agreement, then click Next.
13. Log in using your MathWorks account from steps 3 & 4.
14. Choose "Select a license," and select Individual.
15. Select where to install Matlab, or use the defaults, and click Next.
16. Here, you can select which toolboxes you would like to install alongside Matlab and Simulink. All toolboxes are available for you to install; however, the more you install, the more space on your disk the program will use. If you are not sure what you will be needing, just install the defaults as you can come back to this installer in the future to add toolboxes.
17. Click Next.
18. Choose if you would like to add a shortcut to the desktop, then click Next.
19. On this page, check to make sure all the products you need installed are listed and check that you have enough disk space for your products.
20. Click Install. Depending on the number of toolboxes you chose and your connection to the Internet, installation may take anywhere from 20 minutes to several hours.
Contact CoSE IT if you experience any issues.